Join the team!
Curative is a creative agency inspiring positive social change. Every day, we grapple with complex social issues and find new ways to shift attitudes, generate action, and amplify the voices of communities across Aotearoa.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a number of creative thinkers and doers who are looking for their next challenge. You might have an agency background, or have worked in social innovation, communications or marketing. Most importantly, we’re looking for curious and courageous problem-solvers, looking to use the power of storytelling and creativity to help tackle inequities and injustice.
We’re looking for people who are:
- committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Māori
- confident working alongside Māori, Pacific communities, young people, rainbow communities and/or disability communities
- clear communicators with extraordinary empathy
- passionate about bringing ideas to life, and telling stories in creative ways through different media channels
- open to learning a little something new each day
The roles we’re currently hiring for are…
Weave the threads of insights, stories and opportunities to chart the course of change.
This role will provide strategic leadership to ongoing and emerging social marketing, brand development and strategic communication work.
You will be able to confidently:
- lead design, social innovation or communication planning processes
- translate complexity into compelling, accessible and actionable strategy
- identify, nurture and realise new opportunities for, with and alongside communities
3+ years of agency or in-house experience as a strategist or planner in creative communications or marketing is required for this role
Lead, build and care for our projects, partners and communities.
This role will hold key relationships with our clients, and be responsible for managing brand development and social marketing projects from brief to delivery.
You will be able to confidently:
- prepare and manage processes, budgets and timelines
- organise, brief-in and traffic campaign materials
- nurture and grow relationships with our clients and communities
- collaborate across our diverse team to deliver outstanding results
- ensure everyone involved in our projects feel energised and well supported
2+ years of agency or in-house project management experience delivering communication programmes is required for this role.
If you join us, we promise to:
- Always have your back
Some of the social issues we work on can be quite challenging, so we work hard to support our team’s wellbeing and nurture your creativity.
- Play, create and challenge the status quo
It’s important to us to keep inventing and exploring new ideas so that we can create magic and build momentum.
- Help you see the world through other people’s eyes
To deepen our understanding, and respond to each challenge with empathy, we work together with communities as each project unfolds to imagine and create unique solutions that truly respond to their needs.
- Laugh, dance, cry and drink a lot of tea together
At Curative we encourage you to be your whole beautiful self. We need to be real and human to do the work we do, and while we try to bring as much joy as we can, sometimes we need to recognise that things are tough – but we do it all together.
We wholeheartedly encourage applications from tangata whenua, Pacific people, disabled people, and folks of all gender expressions and sexual orientations. We want you to bring your whole self to this recruitment process, and if we can do anything to help make your experience an authentic and inclusive one, please let us know.
To apply for any of these roles, please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your experience and why you believe you’re a good fit for Curative and the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
First round of applications close on Friday 07 October.
Opportunities at Curative